Learn How you can Profit from the Growing Market in Patents & Inventions
The giants of the technology industry disparage them as "patent trolls," but that hasn't stopped a growing class of investors from emerging as competitors with the likes of Apple, Google and Microsoft for the right to profit from inventions and technological advancements.
The IP Investment Conference discussed where the opportunities are to work with individual inventors and distressed sellers of patents to build a portfolio of intellectual property. The event also covered how to measure and communicate the value of IP, minimize risk by using the new reforms in the America Invents Act, and how to position yourself to profit from the growing market for investing in patents and inventions.
Purchase The IP Investment Conference 2013 Audio/Book Kit today and you'll receive a CD featuring all panel discussions and presentation audio, along with the Event Book & Resource Guide.
professionals and investors in IP.
Former Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
In this role, Mr. Kappos advised the President, the Secretary of Commerce, and the Administration on intellectual property matters. Over a 20-year career in intellectual property, Mr. Kappos has accrued deep knowledge of the intellectual property system and broad respect from professionals across the field.
DealFlow Media's conferences are the signature events in their respective markets. Editors and program managers develop each program by vetting the major issues and trends surfacing over the course of the year. At all times, the focus is on providing attendees with the highest quality content possible. The program always comes first.
- Learn how you can profit from the market for intellectual property
- Creating an attractive IP portfolio
- What kinds of deals are getting done, and where is the investment coming from?
- The controversy surrounding the IP investment market: Are IP investors patent trolls who hamper innovation? Or have they been unfairly characterized?
- Exploring the increase in patent infringement actions by non-practicing entities (NPEs)
- IP Monetization strategies
- Patents valuation to help secure a bond issuance
- Opportunities outside of the US: IP investment vehicles in Europe and the rise of Asia's patent funds
- The America Invents Act: How new patent law reforms will benefit you as either an investor or advisor in the IP market
- Large IP acquisitions: The banking and investment perspective in M&A deals
- Patent Valuation: Strategies for identifying the most valuable patents
- The role of the intermediary
- How Companies can Protect their Intellectual Property
- Legal update: How Apple's aggressive enforcement of its patents and other big cases in IP law will affect investors in intellectual property
- How new efforts in the market are bringing greater liquidity and standards of valuation
- The importance of best practices, due diligence and strong execution
- IP Litigation Financing Firms
- IP Aggregators & Patent Funds
- Inventors & Patent Holders
- IP Counsel
- Principal Investment Funds
- IP Brokers & Licensing Agents
- Family Offices & Pension Funds
- Defensive Service Firms
- Business and R&D Management
- IP Auction Houses & Advisory Firms
- Chief IP Officers
- Corporate GC's
- IP Consultants & Valuation Experts
The Westin New York - Times Square
270 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
In the center of Times Square, New York City all around you, discover a hotel destination where you stay at your best. Experience a whole new level of luxury and serenity at The Westin New York at Times Square.
Vice President of AcquisitionsInvesting in Intellectual Property: Understanding IP as an Emerging Asset Class
Managing DirectorDon't call us Trolls: What's Surrounding the Controversy in the Market?
MARK A. CONKLIN
Sr. Patent CounselPatent Valuation: Strategies for Identifying the Most Valuable Portfolios
Lecturer in LawLicensing vs. Litigating: How Patent Litigation Impacts the Value of IP
event dedicated to